ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
Downtown Calgary stay
Within a 15-minute walk of this Downtown Calgary hotel, you'll find CORE Shopping Centre and Calgary Tower. Calgary Telus Convention Centre and Stampede Park are also within 2 miles (3 km).
Multiple dining options
This smoke-free hotel includes 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the 24-hour business center, free WiFi in public areas, and airport shuttle. You'll appreciate the seasonal outdoor pool, bar/lounge, and laundry facilities.
Free WiFi, cable TV
In addition to TVs with cable channels, the 201 guestrooms offer free WiFi and room service. Coffee/tea makers, free local calls, and video-game consoles are also available.
Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Calgary Downtown ratings based on 10 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Calgary Downtown
Great Conference at the Ramada
21 Sep. 2018 by Guest Services Manager
Good Evening, Thank you for the valuable feedback regarding your stay. We are sorry to hear that the facilities did not meet your expectations, but we hope our friendly service was able to assist you in being able to enjoy your stay. We are continuing to refresh the property with a focus on our guest rooms within the coming months.
Convenient downtown location but...
A fair accommodation for a fair price.
19 Nov. 2015 by Guest Services Manager
I am pleased to hear you had a comfortable stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope to be able to welcome you again in the furture.
Travelocity was key in booking this unbelievable deal.
Not for sleeping
OK for a business trip
About the Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Calgary DowntownLocation 708 8th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1H2
Renovations + Closures
The following facilities are closed seasonally each year. They will be closed from 01 October to 31 May:
- Swimming pool
Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Calgary Downtown offers its guests an outdoor pool and a fitness center. There are 2 restaurants on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. There's an onsite 24-hour business center. Event space at this hotel measures 10000 square feet (929 square meters) and includes conference space. A rooftop terrace, multilingual staff, and gift shops/newsstands are also featured at the eco-friendly Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Calgary Downtown. A roundtrip airport shuttle at scheduled times is available for a fee. Limited parking is available for a fee and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. This 3-star Calgary hotel is smoke free.
- 201 guestrooms or units
- 6 levels
- 2 dining venues
- 10000 sq ft of conference space
- 929 sq m of conference space
- Bar or lounge
- Terrace on the roof
- Business center (24 hours)
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- Fireplace in lobby
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Outdoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave (on request)
- Free cribs/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge) , Parking (limited spaces)
- Airport: Calgary, AB (YYC-Calgary Intl.) (19.9 km / 12.4 mi)
- Train station: Calgary University Station (10 km / 6.2 mi)
- Metro station: 7th Street SW Station (0.2 km / 0.1 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Calgary Downtown offers 201 accommodations with video-game consoles and coffee/tea makers. Televisions come with cable channels and pay movies. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks along with free local calls (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include irons/ironing boards and blackout drapes/curtains. Housekeeping is offered daily and microwaves can be requested.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Cable channels
- Movies for purchase
- Microwave available
- Coffee maker
- Shower and tub combination
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Local calls (free)
- Gaming console
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy full breakfast on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM and on weekends from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM.
The Fox on 6th - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Happy hour is offered.
Cheers Restaurant - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool and a fitness center.
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Airport shuttle service is available at scheduled times from 5 AM to midnight. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to get details.
Airport transportation is offered at scheduled times from 5 AM to midnight. Fees may apply. For details, please contact the property in advance.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CAD 10.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: CAD 25 per pet, per stay
- Maximum 1 per room
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve cribs/infant beds, rollaway/extra beds, and sofa beds. Parties and events are allowed on site.
- Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- Debit cards not accepted
- Union Pay
- Events/parties allowed
- Parking height restrictions apply
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: CAD 50 per night
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 13 and CAD 20 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: CAD 15.00 per person (one-way)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per pet, per stay
- Early check-in is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 10.0 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Ramada Plaza Calgary Downtown Hotel
- Ramada Plaza Calgary Downtown
- Ramada Plaza Wyndham Calgary Downtown Hotel
- Ramada Plaza Wyndham Calgary Downtown
- Ramada Calgary Downtown
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- The seasonal pool will open in May and close in October.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
Green / Sustainable Property
This property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a program that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy.