ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
Central Halifax getaway
At this Downtown Halifax hotel, you'll be well placed to visit Halifax Waterfront Boardwalk and Casino Nova Scotia, both within a 5-minute walk. Also, Scotiabank Centre is within half a mile (1 km) and Halifax Citadel is within 2 miles (3 km).
Full-service spa, indoor pool
A full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool are all featured at this smoke-free hotel. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the business center, free WiFi in public areas, and valet parking. There's a 24-hour fitness center on site, and a 24-hour front desk and a coffee shop are also provided.
Comfy beds, WiFi
The 352 guestrooms feature comforts like pillowtop beds and premium bedding, while sitting areas and refrigerators offer the conveniences of home. Flat-screen TVs come with satellite channels, and other amenities include WiFi and sofa beds.
Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel ratings based on 15 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
Lovely and pleasing
Middle of tons of tourist attractions
Nice hotel in the center of the harbourfront.
23 Jan 2016 by Halifax Marriott
Thank you very much for the great review. We are happy to know that we have met your expectations.
Very clean and pleasant hotel
23 Jan 2016 by Halifax Marriott Harbourfront
Thank you for the great review!
Potentially nice hotel with noise problems
Bait and Switch
The little touches were missing.
Mariott Halifax Harbourfront
Enjoyed the Marriott
About the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront HotelLocation 1919 Upper Water St, Halifax, NS B3J3J5
Renovations + Closures
The property will be renovating from 15 August 2018 to 30 April 2019 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
- Select guestrooms
During renovations, the hotel will make every effort to minimize noise and disturbance.
Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. There are 2 restaurants on site, as well as a coffee shop/café and a snack bar/deli. There's an onsite business center. Public spaces have free WiFi. Event space at this hotel measures 22000 square feet (2044 square meters) and includes conference space. A 24-hour fitness center, spa services, and a terrace are also featured at the eco-friendly Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel. Limited parking is available for a fee and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. This 4-star Halifax hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 352 guestrooms or units
- 6 levels
- 2 dining venues
- 22000 sq ft of conference space
- 2044 sq m of conference space
- Built in 1985
- Coffee shop
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Business facilities
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Front-desk safe
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Indoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Snack bar/deli
- Laundry facilities
- Sofa bed
- Free cribs/infant beds
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge) , Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Valet parking (surcharge) , Parking (limited spaces) , Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Airport: Halifax, NS (YHZ-Stanfield Intl.) (32.3 km / 20.1 mi)
- Train station: Halifax Station (2.1 km / 1.3 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel offers 352 air-conditioned accommodations with safes and complimentary newspapers. Accommodations offer separate sitting areas and include sofa beds. Pillowtop beds feature premium bedding. 25-inch flat-screen televisions come with satellite channels. Guests can make use of the in-room refrigerators and coffee/tea makers. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, designer toiletries, and hair dryers. This Halifax hotel provides wired and wireless Internet access for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottled water and irons/ironing boards. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Sitting area
- Pillowtop beds
- Pull-out sofa bed
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Shower and tub combination
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Newspapers (free)
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy buffet breakfast on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM and on weekends from 7 AM to 11 AM.
Harbourstone sea grill - This restaurant specializes in seafood and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Stone's Throw Patio - This restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Open daily.
Balancing Rock Coffeehous - This coffee shop serves breakfast, lunch, and light fare. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
- Spa tub in spa
- Couples treatment rooms
- Massages on beach
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Check-in time starts at 4 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CAD 20.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: CAD 60 per accommodation, per stay
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 5 and CAD 23 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 15.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: CAD 15.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 31 per day
- Valet parking fee: CAD 37 per day
- Pet fee: CAD 60 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 20.0 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
You should know
- Pool access available from 6 AM to 10 AM.
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
Green / Sustainable Property
This property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a program that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy.