ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
On the beach
At this Asbury Park hotel, you'll be within half a mile (1 km) of Asbury Park Boardwalk and 3 miles (5 km) of Belmar Beach and Boardwalk. Asbury Park Convention Hall and Paramount Theater are also within half a mile (1 km).
This hotel features a fitness center and a seasonal outdoor pool. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the 24-hour business center and WiFi in public areas. A bar/lounge, a 24-hour front desk, and express check-out are also provided.
MP3 docks, WiFi
Boasting comforts like Egyptian cotton sheets and down comforters, the 238 guestrooms also offer WiFi and MP3 docks. Other amenities include cable TV, rainfall showerheads, and hair dryers.
The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel ratings based on 37 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
30 Apr. 2019 by Despina J - Guest Relations Manager
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. We apologize for your displeasure and the mishaps with your stay . We continue to listen and use the voice of our guest for positive growth. We strive to provide a great experience, your voice have been heard, as we try to balance our operations with guest expectations. Please reach out to me directly to speak further about your experience.
14 Mar. 2019 by Despina J - Guest Relations Manager
Hello and thank you for your review. It is never our intention for our guests to leave dissatisfied. The hotel does stay full throughout the summer months, so every winter we go into every room for a full maintenance over haul to freshen up the vents, filters, painting, caulking, carpet extraction just to name a few items. We are sorry that you experienced this and did not receive your room type, we do always try to accommodate everyone's room request.
19 Nov. 2018 by Despina J - Guest Relations Manager
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so you and many of our guests have grown so fond of.
17 Jul. 2018 by Jose
Hello, Thank you very much for your kind review, we hope to reconnect for another visit in the near future! Thank you for staying with us!
Beach hotel needs better staff
22 Jul. 2018 by Jose
We're sorry to see you that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, we hope this experience does not deter you from staying with us again. This does not reflect the standards we have set at the Berkeley. We hope to see you return in the near future.
16 May 2017 by GM
Thank you for your review!
Convenient to Paramount and Convention Hall
25 Jan. 2017 by Berkeley GM
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. Your concerns are important to us and we will use your feedback to make us better.
Rush to Checkout
About the The Berkeley Oceanfront HotelLocation 1401 Ocean Ave, Asbury Park, NJ 07712
The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel offers its guests a fitness center and a seasonal outdoor pool. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. A 24-hour business center and a meeting room are available. Public spaces have WiFi for a fee. Event space at this hotel measures 18250 square feet (1695 square meters) and includes conference space. The business-friendly The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel also features multilingual staff, coffee/tea in a common area, and concierge services. Limited parking is available for a fee and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. This 3-star Asbury Park hotel is smoke free.
- 238 guestrooms or units
- 8 levels
- 18250 sq ft of conference space
- 1695 sq m of conference space
- Bar or lounge
- Business center (24 hours)
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Front-desk safe
- Wedding services available
- Pool or billiards table
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: WiFi (surcharge)
Self parking (surcharge) , Parking (limited spaces)
- Airport: New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.) (110.8 km / 68.9 mi)
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel offers 238 air-conditioned accommodations with MP3 docking stations and safes. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets, down comforters, and premium bedding. Cable television is provided. Rooms have partially open bathrooms. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations with rainfall showerheads, designer toiletries, and hair dryers. This Asbury Park hotel provides wireless Internet access for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones. Additionally, rooms include irons/ironing boards and blackout drapes/curtains. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Bathrooms are partially open
- MP3 dock
- HD television
- Cable channels
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Down blanket
- Shower and tub combination
- Rainfall showerhead
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy continental breakfast on weekends from 7:00 AM and 9:30 AM.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Check-in time starts at 4 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 21
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50.00 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets: USD 49.99 per pet, per day, plus a deposit of USD 100.00 per stay
- Only dogs and cats are allowed
- Maximum 1 per room (weight limit: 30 lb)
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cribs (infant beds) available
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee (May - September): USD 26.66 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Pool access
- Beach access
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for continental breakfast: USD 18 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 10 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 10 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 45.00 per night
- Pet deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 49.99 per pet, per day
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25.00 per week
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.00 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel Asbury Park
- Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
- Berkeley Oceanfront Asbury Park
- Berkeley Oceanfront
- Berkeley Hotel Asbury Park
- Berkeley Carteret Oceanfront Hotel
- Berkeley Asbury Park
- The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.