ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
City center stay
Within a 10-minute walk of the hotel, you'll find Lake Huron and Centre In The Square. TheMuseum and Conrad Centre for the Performing Arts are also within half a mile (1 km).
Renovated in 2016
This hotel features 2 restaurants and a bar/lounge. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the free WiFi in public areas, laundry service, and valet parking. A free area shuttle is offered as well.
Free WiFi, comfy beds
The 92 individually furnished guestrooms offer free WiFi and comfy beds. Other amenities include iPod docks, refrigerators, and flat-screen TVs with cable channels.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
56.0% of guests recommend out of 214 reviews
About the The Walper HotelLocation 20 Queen St S., Kitchener, ON N2G 1V6
There are 2 restaurants on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. WiFi is free in public spaces. Event space at this hotel measures 6000 square feet (557 square meters) and includes conference space. A free area shuttle within 10.00 km is available. Multilingual staff, gift shops/newsstands, and concierge services are also featured at the business-friendly The Walper Hotel. Parking is available for a fee. A complete renovation of The Walper Hotel was completed in September 2016. This Kitchener hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 92 guestrooms or units
- 5 levels
- 2 dining venues
- 6000 sq ft of conference space
- 557 sq m of conference space
- Built in 1893
- Bar or lounge
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Free area shuttle
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Valet parking (surcharge)
- Train station: Kitchener Station (1.2 km / 0.8 mi)
- Property shuttles: Free area shuttle within 10.00 km
- Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
The Walper Hotel offers 92 air-conditioned accommodations with iPod docking stations and safes. Each accommodation is individually furnished. Pillowtop beds feature premium bedding. 48-inch flat-screen televisions come with cable channels. Refrigerators and coffee/tea makers are provided. Bathrooms include rainfall showerheads, bathrobes, designer toiletries, and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and complimentary weekday newspapers; free local calls are provided (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottled water and hair dryers. Housekeeping is offered daily and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- Pillowtop beds
- IPod dock
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Cable channels
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Rainfall showerhead
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Weekday newspapers (free)
- Local calls (free)
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique furnishings
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy cooked-to-order breakfast daily.
TWH Social - This restaurant serves brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 19
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Pets: CAD 40 per accommodation, per stay
- Only dogs are allowed
- Maximum 1 per room
- Certain rooms only
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: CAD 250.00 per stay
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 10 and CAD 20 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: CAD 14.50 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 25 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 40 per accommodation, per stay
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
You should know
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Pets are welcome in specific rooms only, which can be requested by contacting the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation (please see the Fees section for related charges).