ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
Heart of New York
A stay at this Uptown hotel places you steps from Lenox Hill Hospital and a 5-minute walk from Central Park. Metropolitan Museum of Art and Madison Avenue are also within half a mile (1 km).
A full-service spa, a 24-hour fitness center, and a restaurant are all featured at this luxury hotel. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the free WiFi in public areas, express check-in, and valet parking. Enjoy the a rooftop terrace and perks like a free area shuttle.
Free Internet, comfy beds
Boasting comforts like pillowtop beds and premium bedding, the 189 guestrooms offer free WiFi and free wired Internet, as well as LCD TVs with cable channels. IPod docks, 24-hour room service, and minibars are also available.
The Surrey ratings based on 24 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for The Surrey
1 Jul. 2019 by hotel_mgmt_team_365
Thank you for your feedback. It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to hosting your next visit to New York City.
Quietly upscale hotel on Upper East Side
28 Jan. 2016 by Carla Paul
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We remain at your service and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Sincerely, Carla Paul
12 Dec. 2015 by Katie Winther
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your generous feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations from our unique design, tastefully appointed details in your accommodation, to the private enclave of our private roof garden, to our central location to the best of New York and most importantly, the gracious and professional service extended by our colleagues. We were pleased that we exceeded your expectations and The Surrey was well worth it. We remain at your service and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Sincerely,
Exceptionally quiet, luxurious and stylish hotel.
Customer Service over the top!
This hotel made me feel welcome
EXCELLANT QUIET LOCATION
Couldn't have made a better choice!
Spacious hotel in Manhattan? Who knew?
About the The SurreyLocation 20 East 76th Street, New York, NY 10021
The Surrey offers its guests a full-service spa and a 24-hour fitness center. There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. WiFi is free in public spaces. A rooftop terrace, spa services, and tour/ticket assistance are also featured at the luxury The Surrey. A free area shuttle within .5 mi is available. Parking is available for a fee. This 5-star New York hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 189 guestrooms or units
- 17 levels
- Built in 1926
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Terrace on the roof
- 1 conference room
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia) (12 km / 7.5 mi)
- Train station: New York Grand Central Terminal Station (3.4 km / 2.1 mi)
- Metro station: 77 St. Station (Lexington Av.) (0.4 km / 0.3 mi)
- Property shuttles: Free area shuttle within .5 mi
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
The Surrey offers 189 air-conditioned accommodations with iPod docking stations and minibars. Pillowtop beds feature premium bedding. A pillow menu is available. 37-inch LCD televisions come with premium cable channels and pay movies. Bathrooms include showers, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries. This New York hotel provides complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and complimentary newspapers, as well as phones; local and long-distance calls are complimentary (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include laptop-compatible safes and complimentary bottled water. In-room massages and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- Pillowtop beds
- IPod dock
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- LCD television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Movies for purchase
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Pillow options
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Long distance calls (free)
- Local calls (free)
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy continental breakfast daily from 7 AM to 10 AM.
Cafe Boulud - This restaurant specializes in French cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. 1-star Michelin rating.
Bar Pleiades - This cocktail bar specializes in French cuisine and serves light fare only. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness center.
Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the health club or fitness facility.
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Thai massage
- Minimum age to access spa is 15
- Sports massage
- Detoxification wrap
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: USD 250 per pet, per stay
- Maximum 2 per room
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed.
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- Debit cards
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 40.16 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for continental breakfast: USD 29 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 85 per night
- Pet fee: USD 250 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.00 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Surrey Hotel
- Surrey Hotel New York
- Surrey New York
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- The Surrey Hotel
- The Surrey New York
- The Surrey Hotel New York
You should know
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).
Awards & Affiliations
- The Surrey is listed in the 2017 Condé Nast Traveler Top 100 List and the 2017 Travel + Leisure 500.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA) guests.