Where to stay in Phoenix
There is a huge variety of places to stay while visiting the Valley of the Sun. Yet based on what you brings you to the city, you might find one Phoenix lodging option more to your liking than another. Depending on how you plan on spending your time in Arizona, here are some of the city’s best accommodations.
Get Wet and Wild
- Arizona Grand Resort: How many Phoenix hotels do you know of have their own on-site water park? Accessible exclusively by guests of the Arizona Grand, the 7-acre Oasis Water Park is considered one of the country’s best sites for aquatic amusements. Inside you’ll find a lazy river, an enormous wave pool, and an eight-story tower with three separate water slides. And whether you’re traveling alone, alongside your sweetheart, or with the whole family in tow, a private cabana can take your Oasis experience to the next level. And when you’re ready to dry off, the Oasis Bar & Grill is the perfect place to grab a drink or chow down while watching others have fun in the water.
Work on Your Game
- Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort: If you’re in town for tee-time, the Pointe Hilton at Tapatio Cliffs is a golfer’s dream come true. Located just yards from the greens of Lookout Mountain Golf Club—one of top-rated golf resorts in America—this hotel offers incredible views of the Sonoran Desert and the surrounding Phoenix North Mountains. Golfers of any experience level can benefit from the Hilton’s helpful Golf Academy, which has seasoned pros on staff to help first-timers learn the fundamentals and veteran players fine-tune their game. Both individual and group lessons are available, and the hotel offers a variety of “stay and play” packages to align with the time you spend on the links. Guests even save 10 percent when the purchase a round of golf.
Please Your Palate
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort: With three excellent on-site eateries, Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort is among the best places to stay in Phoenix for those who consider themselves foodies. If tickling your taste buds is on your agenda in Arizona, here’s a glimpse at this resort’s restaurants.
- Hole in the Wall: This landmark, Old West-style eatery offers exquisite Southwestern meals that make it a favorite of many Phoenicians. Occupying an authentic ranch house built in the 1940s, the restaurant has two sprawling patios and a sunken bar adjacent to the hotel’s River Ranch. Be sure not to miss the morning breakfast buffet that includes more than a few made-to-order menu items.
- Slim Pickens: Aside from offering incredible libations in a lively atmosphere, this poolside watering hole also serves up grilled fare that you can chow down on as you keep an eye on the action.
- Rico’s American Grill: Set amid a gorgeous garden along the happening 16th Street scene, this alfresco restaurant invites guests to try an impressive assortment of locally-sourced meals including staples of the Southwestern diet. Perhaps most impressive, though, is the selection of tequilas and signature margaritas to tickle your tongue.
Find Relaxation and Rejuvenation
- JW Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Resort & Spa: Take some time to focus on yourself at this sumptuous retreat, which helps guests look and feel younger, while bringing them closer inner peace. This top-of-the-line resort might not be actually located within the city limits of Phoenix, but at only about a dozen miles away, Scottsdale’s Marriott Camelback Inn is worth the quick drive it takes to get there. Here you’ll find a vast, 125-acre escape that instills in you a sense of serenity while staying in the Sonoran Desert. Relax amid resplendent surroundings of the hotel’s casita rooms, and make the most of the full-service spa, heated outdoor pool, and abundance of nearby adventures just outside your door.
Travelocity makes it easy to reserve cheap hotels in Phoenix at any time of year. Our intuitive booking system lets you lock down the room of your dreams at these four destinations, or any of the other hotels in Phoenix. Book a stay with us today, and your dreams of the desert will come true before you know it.