If you long for a relaxing beach vacation, check out our cheap flights to Pensacola, FL. As you fly into this coastal treasure, your plane will pass over 52 miles of sandy beaches waiting for you to sink your toes into. And in addition to the shopping, dining, birdwatching, and golf in Pensacola, you can fish from one of the longest piers in the Gulf of Mexico, explore the National Naval Aviation Museum, and scuba dive the world's largest man-made reef system. For a great view of the city and the ocean, climb the historic Pensacola Lighthouse—just be sure to pack your hiking shoes, as its 177 steps to the top.
Transportation from PNS
After deplaning from one of our flights to Pensacola, you’ll probably need a way to get around. Hotels close to Pensacola Regional Airport generally offer transportation to and from the flight facility, which is located about just 6 miles from downtown Pensacola. You can also use one of several chartered shuttle services or limousines to get from point A to B, or grab a taxi at the airport to head into the city. Another option upon your Pensacola flight’s arrival is to rent a car from the airport terminal if you want to visit attractions on the outskirts of the city. And of course, once you're settled at your hotel, you can check out boat tours or charter your own vessel for a day's diving or fishing.
Hotels in Pensacola
After choosing your perfect plane tickets to Pensacola, FL, it’s time to decide where you’d like to stay. There are tons of excellent hotels in town, but here are a few of the most popular options:
- Margaritaville Beach Hotel: Synonymous with Jimmy Buffett, the singing, songwriting icon of idyllic island life, this relaxed hotel right on the Gulf is mere steps from Pensacola Beach Boulevard and just a few minutes from Naval Live Oaks Nature Preserve. Each guestroom here comes with the essentials, including complimentary Wi-Fi, high-definition TVs, and a work desk in case you have any last-minute business to take care of before hitting the beach. Looking for a little more space? Upgrade to an executive room and enjoy views from a wraparound balcony. Among additional amenities on premises, you’ll find an outdoor pool, beachside pavilion, and an always-open fitness center. And when it comes time to drink and dine, choose between a Tiki bar and a beach bar, or take a seat at the indoor-outdoor cafe that regularly features live entertainment.
- Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach: Less than 10 miles from downtown Pensacola and just a quick stroll from many of city’s best shops and restaurants, this contemporary accommodation is ideal for families, as children under 20 stay for free. Guest rooms here come with amenities including complimentary Wi-Fi, high-definition TVs, and DVD players among other electronics. And if you seek a little extra space to stretch your legs, the hotel’s upgraded suites with optional bunk beds might be perfect for you. There’s also a business center, several conference rooms, and an on-site restaurant here at the Holiday Inn, where kids eats free. And when you’re ready to relax, there are two hot tubs and both indoor and outdoor pools for your enjoyment.
- Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach Hotel: If you’re looking to stay as close to the sand as possible, this beautiful beachfront might be just the place for you. Located within a minute’s walk from Pensacola Beach Trail, and just a mile from Little Sabine Bay, this Hampton Inn invites you to check into its modern rooms, which include free internet access, flat-screen TVs, and coffeemakers to help you wake up fresh. Spacious suites—many with balconies offering seaside views—are available for those wanting to upgrade, and breakfast is served free every day of the week. There’s also a round-the-clock fitness center on-site to help you tone up before hitting the beach or either of the two waterfront pools.
- Hilton Pensacola Beach: Positioned on Pensacola Beach roughly 17 miles from both the National Naval Aviation Museum and the city’s namesake lighthouse, this contemporary accommodation welcomes you to spend your nights in their well-appointed rooms. With amenities including high-definition TVs, stocked mini-fridges, and custom-crafted beds, the Hilton has got you covered. Optional suites come replete with kitchens, and if you don’t feel like cooking, there are five on-site restaurants and three bars where you can fill your belly.
Things to Do in Pensacola
Not sure how to spend your time in town? Here are a few of the most popular attractions and activities:
- National Naval Aviation Museum: With more than 150 restored military aircraft, the National Naval Aviation Museum is the largest center of its kind.
- Historic Pensacola Village: The 28 historical structures give you a glimpse into this city’s past.
- Fort Barrancas: Discover the pivotal role Pensacola played in the War of 1812.
- Pensacola Lighthouse: Climb to the top for one of the best views in the area.
Soak Up the Sun in Pensacola
If you dream of soaking up some rays in the Sunshine State, use Travelocity to book airfare to Pensacola. We’ll help make your Florida fantasies come true by finding you cheap flights to Pensacola. And when you bundle your hotel room and entertainment tickets in one economical vacation package, you can save hundreds of dollars at checkout. Browse through our deals today, and you’ll be sunbathing along the Gulf of Mexico before you know it.