Best Places to Stay in Kauai
With ocean views just beyond the window panes, where to stay in Kauai is almost as important as what you do. Here are some of the top Kauai hotels in the area:
- Courtyard by Marriott Kauai at Coconut Beach: With warm wood décor and rooms that overlook the Pacific Ocean, there’s something nearly transformative about staying at the Courtyard. Stretch out in one of their many hammocks before dining at their well-regarded Voyager restaurant. Coconut shrimp were meant to go with an ocean view, right? When you’re ready to leave your Kauai hotel room, the resort is close to Poipu Beach, Kauai Mansion, and horseback riding trails.
- Kauai Marriott Resort: Located on Kalapaki Bay, Kauai Marriott Resort offers a world far away from daily commutes and alarm clocks. Get into the island spirit with an afternoon lounging in one of the largest family pools in Hawaii and hitting the green at the adjacent Hokuala Golf Course. And after your time enjoying the sunshine, head indoors for a full-service spa on-site.
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa: With green rooftops that blend into the palm trees, the timeless Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa knows how to bring peace into your vacation. The hotel has over 50 oceanfront acres that include gardens and courtyards. And just outside of your resort room, you’re close to the 18-hole championship Robert Trent Jones Kr. golf course, as well as surfing, kayaking, and zip lining adventure options. Love swimming? The hotel has two freshwater pools, along with a 1.5-acre saltwater lagoon. It’s luxury at its best.
- Sheraton Kauai Resort: Thoroughly modern, chic, and elegant, the 391-room Sheraton Kauai Resort knows what it means to vacation in style. Due to the resort’s size and oceanfront location, it’s a popular wedding venue. The hotel offers scuba and snorkeling equipment, if you’re ready to dive into the warm waters. You can also rent Boogie boards and beach cabanas. And each night has a different entertainment option, including luaus and solo Hawaiian guitar.
Wherever you decide to stay, remember that Travelocity is here with the kind of Kauai hotel deals that will leave you focused on the view, not on your wallet.
Things to Do When You’re in Kauai
Once you’ve booked your hotel near Kauai, you’re set to explore. Here are just some of the top areas to visit when you’re in the area:
- Waimea Canyon: It’s considered one of the most scenic canyons in the world, and it’s easy to see why. There’s red dirt, black volcano rock, green trees, and the blue ocean nestled next to it. Most travelers either drive along it on Waimea Canyon Drive, or hike down to the Kokee State Park.
- Wailua Falls: Bring your Instagram “A” game with you when you witness Wailua Falls. The double waterfall appears out of the forest and creates a rainbow mist up to the clouds. There’s also an old legend that Hawaiian chiefs once had to jump off the edge to prove their courage. We’d advise against doing the same.
- Limahuli Garden and Preserve: Brilliant pinks, oranges, and greens make up Limahulia Garden and Preserve. This slice of paradise displays the wild Hawaiian landscape in full view. Walk through the forest path to examine lush ferns, flowers, and trees that feel like something out of a children’s fairytale.
Ready to escape to a world of mist, sand, and adventure? The waves of Kauai are crashing down each day and night, waiting for your visit. It’s time to say hello.