ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
Heart of Santa Barbara
You'll find Mission Santa Barbara and Santa Barbara Natural History Museum within 2 miles (3 km) of this hotel. Santa Barbara Bowl and Arlington Theater are also within 2 miles (3 km).
A full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool are all featured at this smoke-free hotel. Families will appreciate complimentary bicycles, kid-friendly dining, and in-room childcare. Enjoy the fitness center and perks like free WiFi and a free area shuttle.
Free WiFi, iPod docks
The 92 individually decorated guestrooms offer free WiFi and iPod docks. Other amenities include 24-hour room service, refrigerators, and LCD TVs with satellite channels.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
88.0% of guests recommend out of 1218 reviews
About the Belmond El EncantoLocation 800 Alvarado Place, Santa Barbara, CA 93103
Belmond El Encanto offers its guests a full-service spa, an outdoor pool, and a steam room. There are 2 restaurants on site. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. Event space at this hotel measures 9200 square feet (855 square meters). A fitness center, a rooftop terrace, and spa services are also featured at the luxury Belmond El Encanto. A free area shuttle within 5.00 mi is available. For a fee, parking is available. This 5-star Santa Barbara hotel is smoke free.
- 1 floor
- 92 guestrooms or units
- 32 buildings
- 2 dining venues
- 9200 sq ft of conference space
- 855 sq m of conference space
- Built in 1912
- Bar by the pool
- Bar or lounge
- Supervised kid's activities (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Terrace on the roof
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- Computer for guest use
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- Onsite shopping
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Santa Barbara, CA (SBA-Santa Barbara Municipal) (15.8 km / 9.8 mi)
- Train station: Santa Barbara Station (4.2 km / 2.6 mi)
- Property shuttles: Free area shuttle within 5.00 mi
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
Belmond El Encanto offers 92 air-conditioned accommodations, which are accessible via exterior corridors and feature iPod docking stations and laptop-compatible safes. Each accommodation is individually furnished and decorated. Beds feature premium bedding. A pillow menu is available. LCD televisions come with premium satellite channels and pay movies. Refrigerators and espresso makers are provided. Bathrooms include rainfall showerheads, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and complimentary newspapers, as well as phones; free local calls are provided (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottled water and hair dryers. In-room massages and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- IPod dock
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- HD television
- Satellite channels
- Premium channels
- Movies for purchase
- Espresso maker
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Pillow options
- Rainfall showerhead
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Local calls (free)
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Exterior corridor access
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique furnishings
- Unique decor
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy full breakfast daily from 7 AM to 11 AM.
The Dining Room - Overlooking the ocean, this restaurant specializes in Californian cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available.
The Terrace - Overlooking the ocean, this restaurant specializes in Californian cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Open daily.
The Lounge - Overlooking the ocean, this restaurant specializes in Californian cuisine and serves lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Open daily.
The Bar - Overlooking the ocean, this bar specializes in Californian cuisine and serves lunch, dinner, and light fare. A children's menu is available. Open daily.
The Pool - This poolside Cafe specializes in Californian cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
- Number of treatment rooms 7
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Body wraps
- Facial treatments
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Steam room in spa
- Thai massage
- Minimum age to access spa is 18
- Sports massage
- Check-in time starts at 4:00 PM
- Check-in time ends at 5 AM
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 35.0 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: USD 35.00 per pet, per night
- Maximum 3 per room
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Cash or credit card deposit required
- Parking height restrictions apply
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 44.80 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Pool access
- Spa access
- Health club access
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Shuttle service
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 25 and USD 35 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35.00 per night
- Pet fee: USD 35.00 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35.0 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Belmond El Encanto Hotel Santa Barbara
- Belmond El Encanto Hotel
- Belmond El Encanto Santa Barbara
- Belmond El Encanto
- El Encanto Hotel And Garden Villas
You should know
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA) guests.