ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
City center stay
At this The Loop hostel, you'll be well placed to visit Grant Park and State Street, both within a 5-minute walk. Buckingham Fountain and Art Institute of Chicago are also within half a mile (1 km).
This hostel doesn't skimp on freebies - guests receive free continental breakfast and free WiFi. Business travelers can take advantage of the express check-out. A restaurant, laundry facilities, and concierge services are also provided.
The shared guestrooms offer free WiFi and hair dryers. Showers and free toiletries are also available.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
% of guests recommend out of 14 reviews
About the HI ChicagoLocation 24 E Ida B Wells Drive, Chicago, IL 60605
Along with a restaurant, there's a coffee shop/café on site. Free breakfast is available daily. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. Event space at this hostel measures 600 square feet (56 square meters). A library, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff are also featured at the eco-friendly HI Chicago. This Chicago hostel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 68 guestrooms or units
- 7 levels
- 600 sq ft of conference space
- 56 sq m of conference space
- Built in 1886
- Continental breakfast (free)
- Dining venue
- Coffee shop
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Pool or billiards table
- Computer for guest use
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Airport: Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.) (29.9 km / 18.6 mi)
- Train station: Chicago Van Buren Street Station (0.4 km / 0.3 mi)
- Metro station: Harold Washington Library Station (0.3 km / 0.2 mi)
HI Chicago offers 68 shared accommodations, which are air-conditioned, accessible via exterior corridors, and feature hair dryers and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Bathrooms include showers.
- Accommodations are shared
- Separate bedroom
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (free)
- Exterior corridor access
- Air conditioning
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
Guests are served free continental breakfast daily from 7 AM to 10 AM.
HI Chicago has a restaurant on site.
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Please note that a government issued ID is required in order to check in. For more information please contact the property in advance using the contact details on the booking confirmation.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
There is a maximum stay policy of 14 nights within a 12 month period at this property. To request reservations longer than 14 nights please contact the property directly, using the contact details on the booking confirmation.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Only bookings from non-local guests are accepted. Guests whose residence is within 45 mi (72 km) of the property will not be allowed to check in. For guests' safety, the property includes a smoke detector and window guards in each accommodation.
- Only service animals are allowed
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cribs (infant beds) available
- 24-hour check-in
- Debit cards
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Club Card: USD 4 per person, per night
- Child's Club Card: USD 0 per night, (up to 17 years old)
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
Guests who do not present a Hostelling International membership card will be charged $3 at check-in, payable to the hostel.
- Hostelling International Chicago Chicago Hostel
- Hostelling International Chicago Summer Hotel Chicago
- Hostelling International Chicago Hostel
- Hostelling International Chicago
- Hostel HI Chicago
- HI Chicago Chicago
- HI Chicago Hostel/Backpacker accommodation
- HI Chicago Hostel/Backpacker accommodation Chicago
You should know
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
Green / Sustainable Property
This property participates in Green Globe, a program that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy.