ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
Central New York getaway
Within a 10-minute walk of this Midtown hotel, you'll find Empire State Building and Madison Square Park. Also, Macy's is within half a mile (1 km) and Chrysler Building is within 2 miles (3 km).
Renovated in 2016
This hotel features a restaurant and 2 bars/lounges. WiFi in public areas is free. Valet parking, a lobby fireplace, and express check-in are also offered.
Free WiFi, refrigerators
Boasting comforts such as Egyptian cotton sheets and pillow menus, the 90 guestrooms offer thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers. Other amenities include free WiFi, TVs, and refrigerators.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
61.0% of guests recommend out of 434 reviews
About the HGU New YorkLocation 34 East 32nd Street, New York, NY 10016
There's a restaurant on site. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Public spaces have free WiFi. HGU New York also features tour/ticket assistance, concierge services, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. For a fee, parking is available. A complete renovation of HGU New York was completed in June 2016. This Beaux Arts New York hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 90 guestrooms or units
- 10 levels
- 2 bars or lounges
- Built in 1905
- Dining venue
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family property
- Free WiFi
- Free cribs/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia) (12.2 km / 7.6 mi)
- Train station: New York W 32nd St. Station (0.9 km / 0.5 mi)
- Metro station: 33 St. Station (Park Av. S) (0.1 km / 0.1 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
HGU New York offers 90 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and safes. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. A pillow menu is available. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Bathrooms include bathtubs or showers, bathrobes, slippers, and complimentary toiletries. Business-friendly amenities include desks and complimentary newspapers. Additionally, rooms include hair dryers and irons/ironing boards. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- Separate bedroom
- Premium channels
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Pillow options
- Bathtub or shower
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy continental breakfast daily from 7 AM to 11 AM.
HGU New York has a restaurant on site.
- Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 21
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: USD 150 per accommodation, per stay
- Only dogs and cats are allowed
- Maximum 1 per room (weight limit: 30 lbs)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, you can reach out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Only service animals are allowed
- Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- A city tax will be collected at the property upon arrival. The city tax ranges from JPY 100-200 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. The tax does not apply to nightly rates under JPY 10,000. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for continental breakfast: USD 20.00 for adults and USD 20.00 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 60 per night
- Pet fee: USD 150 per accommodation, per stay
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Hotel Grand Union New York
- HGU New York Hotel
- Grand Union New York
- Grand Union Hotel New York
- Grand Union New York City
- HGU Hotel
- HGU New York
You should know
- To make arrangements to bring your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation (please see the Fees section for related charges).
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World.