ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
In New York
Within a 15-minute walk of this Upper West Side hostel, you'll find Central Park and Columbia University. Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and Apollo Theater are also within 2 miles (3 km).
This hostel features a bar/lounge, a coffee shop, and a terrace. Luggage storage is provided and the front desk is staffed around-the-clock.
The shared guestrooms offer free WiFi and showers. Bathrooms are shared.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
85.0% of guests recommend out of 1966 reviews
About the HI New York CityLocation 891 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10025
There's a coffee shop/café on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. A terrace, tour/ticket assistance, and an arcade/game room are also featured at the eco-friendly HI New York City. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this New York hostel.
- 1 building
- 734 guestrooms or units
- 4 levels
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Game room or arcade
- Smoking in designated areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Arcade/game room
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
- Airport: New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.) (30.6 km / 19 mi)
- Train station: New York Harlem 125th St. Station (3.5 km / 2.2 mi)
- Metro station: 103 St. Station (Broadway) (0.2 km / 0.1 mi)
HI New York City offers 734 shared accommodations with air conditioning. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Guests have access to shared bathrooms. Bathrooms include showers. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Accommodations are shared
- Bathrooms are shared
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Air conditioning
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy continental breakfast daily from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM.
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Gusts under 18 must be accompanied by an adult, parent, guardian or chaperone. Guests under the age of 16 cannot be accommodated in a shared dormitory.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. No onsite parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property / stay dates). Only bookings from non-local guests are accepted. Guests whose residence is within 45 mi (72 km) of the property will not be allowed to check in.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cribs (infant beds) available
- Only service animals are allowed
- 24-hour check-in
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Club Card: USD 4.00 per person, per night
- Child's Club Card: USD 0 per night, (from 1 to 17 years old)
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
Guests who do not present a Hostelling International membership card will be charged $3 per person, per night at check-in, payable to the hostel.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Hostelling International New York City Hostel
- Hostelling International Hostel
- Hostelling International New York City
- Hostelling International
- Hostel HI New York City
You should know
- Alcohol isn't allowed at HI New York City.
Awards & Affiliations
Green / Sustainable Property
This property participates in Green Globe, a program that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy.