ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
City center retreat
Your stay at this Bowery hotel places you within 2 miles (3 km) of New York University and 5th Avenue. Washington Square Park and National September 11 Memorial are also within 2 miles (3 km).
A nightclub, 2 restaurants, and a 24-hour health club are all featured at this smoke-free hotel. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the free WiFi in public areas, express check-in, and valet parking. You'll find 2 coffee shops/cafés and 6 bars/lounges for dining and drinks, and a rooftop terrace is also on site.
Free WiFi, comfy beds
Boasting comforts like Tempur-Pedic beds and Egyptian cotton sheets, the 367 guestrooms also offer free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Refrigerators, free bottled water, and hair dryers are also available.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
% of guests recommend out of 666 reviews
About the PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotelLocation 215 Chrystie St, New York, NY 10002
PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel offers its guests a 24-hour health club and complimentary bicycles. There are 2 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés on site. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 6 bars/lounges. Public spaces have free WiFi. A nightclub, a rooftop terrace, and tour/ticket assistance are also featured at the business-friendly PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel. Parking is available for a fee. This 4-star New York hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 367 guestrooms or units
- 16 levels
- 2 dining venues
- 6 bars or lounges
- 2 coffee shops
- Built in 2017
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Terrace on the roof
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Pool or billiards table
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- Television in lobby
- Onsite shopping
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.) (28.7 km / 17.8 mi)
- Train station: New York 9th St. Station (2 km / 1.3 mi)
- Metro station: 2 Av. Station (0.4 km / 0.2 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel offers 367 air-conditioned accommodations with laptop-compatible safes and complimentary bottled water. Tempur-Pedic beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. Flat-screen televisions come with premium cable channels. Bathrooms include complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. This New York hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Housekeeping is offered daily and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- Tempur-Pedic beds
- Flat-screen television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy full breakfast daily from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
Public Kitchen - Onsite restaurant.
Louis - Onsite coffee shop.
Diego - Onsite cocktail bar.
The Roof - Onsite rooftop bar.
Lobby Bar - Onsite lobby lounge.
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: USD $100 per accommodation, per stay
- Only dogs and cats are allowed
- Maximum 1 per room (weight limit: 25 lb)
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Union Pay
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- 24-hour check-in
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 22.96 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room bottled water
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20.00 and USD 30.00 for adults, USD 20.00 and USD 30.00 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 50 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 65 per night
- Pet fee: USD $100 per accommodation, per stay
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
You should know
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.