ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
City center retreat
Your stay at this Bowery hotel places you within 2 miles (3 km) of New York University and Washington Square Park. Chelsea Market and National September 11 Memorial are also within 2 miles (3 km).
A nightclub, 2 restaurants, and a 24-hour health club are all featured at this smoke-free hotel. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the free WiFi in public areas, express check-in, and valet parking. You'll find 2 coffee shops/cafés and 6 bars/lounges for dining and drinks, and a rooftop terrace is also on site.
Free WiFi, comfy beds
Boasting comforts like Tempur-Pedic beds and Egyptian cotton sheets, the 367 guestrooms also offer free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Refrigerators, free bottled water, and hair dryers are also available.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
% of guests recommend out of 627 reviews
About the PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotelLocation 215 Chrystie St, New York, NY 10002
PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel offers its guests a 24-hour health club and complimentary bicycles. There are 2 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés on site. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 6 bars/lounges. Public spaces have free WiFi. A nightclub, a rooftop terrace, and tour/ticket assistance are also featured at the business-friendly PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel. Parking is available for a fee. This 4-star New York hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 367 guestrooms or units
- 16 levels
- 2 dining venues
- 6 bars or lounges
- 2 coffee shops
- Built in 2017
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Terrace on the roof
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Pool or billiards table
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- Television in lobby
- Onsite shopping
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.) (28.7 km / 17.8 mi)
- Train station: New York 9th St. Station (2 km / 1.3 mi)
- Metro station: 2 Av. Station (0.4 km / 0.2 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel offers 367 air-conditioned accommodations with laptop-compatible safes and complimentary bottled water. Tempur-Pedic beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. Flat-screen televisions come with premium cable channels. Bathrooms include complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. This New York hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Housekeeping is offered daily and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- Tempur-Pedic beds
- Flat-screen television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy full breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
Public Kitchen - Onsite restaurant.
Louis - Onsite coffee shop.
Diego - Onsite cocktail bar.
The Roof - Onsite rooftop bar.
Lobby Bar - Onsite lobby lounge.
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: USD $100 per accommodation, per stay
- Only dogs and cats are allowed
- Maximum 1 per room (weight limit: 25 lb)
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20.00 and USD 30.00 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 50 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 65 per night
- Pet fee: USD $100 per accommodation, per stay
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.