ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
Downtown Ottawa stay
At this Downtown Ottawa hotel, you'll be well placed to visit Shaw Centre and National Arts Centre, both within a 5-minute walk. Byward Market Square and Parliament Hill are also within half a mile (1 km).
Multiple dining options
This luxury hotel includes 3 restaurants, an indoor pool, and a health club. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the business center, express check-in, and valet parking. There's a bar/lounge on site, and concierge services and wedding services are also provided.
Comfy beds, WiFi
Boasting comforts like pillowtop beds and premium bedding, the 429 guestrooms also offer 24-hour room service and LCD TVs with cable channels. WiFi, wired Internet, and minibars are also available.
Fairmont Chateau Laurier ratings based on 24 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Fairmont Chateau Laurier
7 May 2019 by Claude
We are so happy to hear that your celebration with us was a memorable one and we hope to welcome you back one day soon. Sincerely, Marion te Winkel Director of Operations
We had a great experience this summer
So enjoyed our stay
11 Jul. 2018 by Claude
We are delighted to hear that your stay in Ottawa’s ‘castle’ was so enjoyable. We look forward to your next visit! Sincerely, Claude J. Sauvé General Manager
14 Aug. 2017 by Claude
Dear JP, We are indeed fortunate to have the premier location in the heart of the city. We look forward to your next visit! Sincerely, Claude J. Sauvé General Manager
Helps to mitigate Canadian Custom
9 Jan. 2017 by claude
Dear Irina, We are delighted that your stay in Ottawa’s Castle was a memorable one. However, we do regret the poor impression you received upon your arrival into Canada. I assure you that your experience is certainly not typical. We hope you return one day soon. Sincerely, Shawn St-Pierre Director of Operations
Long weekend getaway.
7 Sep. 2016 by Claude
Dear Allison, Our mission is to turn moments into memories and it is always nice to hear when we have been successful. We hope to welcome you back one day soon! Sincerely, Claude J. Sauvé General Manager
Trans Canada Road Trip
Dear Rudy, Our mission is to turn moments into memories and it is always nice to hear when we have been successful. We agree, we have some of the best colleagues in the business. I will certainly share your compliments with them who will be happy to have been recognized. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Sincerely, Claude J. Sauvé General Manager
About the Fairmont Chateau LaurierLocation 1 Rideau St, Ottawa, ON K1N 8S7
Fairmont Chateau Laurier offers its guests an indoor pool and a health club. There are 3 restaurants on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Public spaces have WiFi for a fee. There's an onsite business center. Multilingual staff, gift shops/newsstands, and concierge services are also featured at the luxury Fairmont Chateau Laurier. For a fee, parking is available.
- 429 guestrooms or units
- 6 levels
- 3 dining venues
- Built in 1912
- Bar or lounge
- Business facilities
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Front-desk safe
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge) , Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: WiFi (surcharge)
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Ottawa, ON (YOW-Macdonald-Cartier Intl.) (14.9 km / 9.2 mi)
- Train station: Ottawa Station (5.1 km / 3.2 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
Fairmont Chateau Laurier offers 429 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and laptop-compatible safes. Pillowtop beds feature premium bedding. 42-inch LCD televisions come with cable channels and pay movies. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, bathrobes, designer toiletries, and hair dryers. In-room wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and irons/ironing boards. Housekeeping is offered daily and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- Pillowtop beds
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- HD television
- Cable channels
- Movies for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Shower and tub combination
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy full breakfast daily from 7:00 AM to 10:30 AM.
Wilfreds - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Zoes Lounge - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves light fare only. Open select days.
La Terrasse - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves dinner only. Open select days.
24-hour room service is available.
- Hot stone massage
- Swedish massage
- Sports massage
- Check-in time starts at 4 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 19
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: CAD 50 per pet, per day
- Only dogs and cats are allowed
- Maximum 2 per room (weight limit: 25 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, you can reach out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: CAD 38.99 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 13.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 49 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 50 per pet, per day
- Refrigerator fee: CAD 25 per stay
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
You should know
- Pool access available from 6 AM to 10 PM.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- To make arrangements to bring your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation (please see the Fees section for related charges).
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of the World.