ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
City center retreat
Within a 10-minute walk of this Downtown Ottawa hotel, you'll find National War Memorial and Rideau Centre. Also, Parliament Hill is within half a mile (1 km) and Rideau Canal is within 2 miles (3 km).
This hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a bar/lounge. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the 24-hour business center, free WiFi in public areas, and valet parking. There's a 24-hour health club on site, and concierge services and free newspapers are also offered.
Free WiFi, refrigerators
Featuring conveniences like refrigerators and coffee/tea makers, the 355 guestrooms also offer free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Room service, free local calls, and hair dryers are also available.
Lord Elgin Hotel ratings based on 35 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Lord Elgin Hotel
The room was fine except it was located on the 2nd floor and had no view!
The lord Elgin is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at during my travels
6 Feb. 2018 by am
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your NHL stay Janet. We are so fortunate to have such great valet staff who truly love what they do! Thank you for noticing! Thank you for recommending us!!
Good location, best price!
18 Sep. 2017 by AM
Thank you Jacky for that wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again!!
About the Lord Elgin HotelLocation 100 Elgin St, Ottawa, ON K1P5K8
As a guest of Lord Elgin Hotel, you'll find an indoor pool, a 24-hour health club, a spa tub, and a sauna. Along with a restaurant, there's a coffee shop/café on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Public spaces have free WiFi. There's an onsite 24-hour business center. Tour/ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and gift shops/newsstands are also featured at the eco-friendly Lord Elgin Hotel. Parking is available for a fee. This 4-star Ottawa hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 355 guestrooms or units
- 11 levels
- Built in 1941
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Business center (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Indoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Free cribs/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Ottawa, ON (YOW-Macdonald-Cartier Intl.) (15.9 km / 9.9 mi)
- Train station: Ottawa Station (4.5 km / 2.8 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
Lord Elgin Hotel offers 355 air-conditioned accommodations with safes and coffee/tea makers. 42-inch flat-screen televisions come with cable channels. Bathrooms include complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks along with free local calls (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include irons/ironing boards and blackout drapes/curtains. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Cable channels
- Coffee maker
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Local calls (free)
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy buffet breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 11 AM.
Starbucks - This café serves breakfast, lunch, and light fare.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at noon
- Minimum check-in age is 19
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Additional policies and fees may apply when booking more than 5 rooms. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 19 years old. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property / stay dates).
- Only service animals are allowed
- No rollaway/extra beds available
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: CAD 75 per night
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 10 and CAD 40 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee: CAD 85 (subject to availability)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
Green / Sustainable Property
This property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a program that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy.