Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Calgary, a cosmopolitan city known for its skyscrapers and riverfront, as well as attractions like Calgary Tower and Scotiabank Saddledome. Take your pick from Travelocity's 96 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Calgary and bring your doggy along!
How to Wander Wisely in Calgary with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Canada Olympic Park, Devonian Gardens, and McDougall Centre.
- Other things to see include McMahon Stadium, Heritage Park Historical Village, and TD Square.
- Need a pet store? Try Petland Sunridge, Pet Planet, or Petland.
- For vet care, VCA Canada Calgary Animal Referral & Emergency Centre, Killarney Cat Hospital, and Britannia Kingsland Veterinary Clinic are located in the area.
Best Pet-Friendly Hotels in Calgary
- Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, Autograph Collection
Cats and dogs are allowed for a fee at this 4-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the restaurant and family amenities.
- Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Cats and dogs are allowed for a fee at this 3-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the breakfast and bar.
- The Fairmont Palliser
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 4-star hotel. Guests appreciate the breakfast and overall property condition.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Calgary
Weather can make a huge difference, especially if you want to spend time wandering around the city. We have gathered the average temperatures to help better plan your trip in Calgary.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 46°F in the daytime to 5°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 71°F and the nighttime average is 23°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 73°F in the daytime to 35°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 59°F and the nighttime average is 6°F.